View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment
Default 5/12/2008

First day of tuning/tweaking. Got up today and cleaned the bike up pretty well. I managed to get most of the grease off of the engine with degreaser (actually wheel cleaner but it go the job done ) and then I moved to the oil. According to the oil light this 250 needed oil BAD. I looked thru the sight glass and there was no oil to be found, not even below the low marker. Took me about an hour to locate the amount and weight of oil I needed. I finally found it on some 250 forum somewhere and took off to the auto parts store.

Changing the oil was pretty easy. I found the bolts holding the air filter and oil to be torqued just as much beyond factory specs as the fairing bolts (in other words way too tight). I finally got everything out and put the new oil filter and oil in and started it. At first I thought it wasnt going to start but eventually it got the new oil in and now it runs like a dream. I adjusted the idle up to 1000rpm and took it for a spin. I almost think it runs better with new oil in it.

Tonight I am going to be looking for new fairings and a new seat, and get them if I can find them for fairly cheap. Tomorrow I should be getting a new back tire and a new left turn signal. It should be a very interesting day