View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
All of the Toyota recall issues I am familiar with were design related and not QC issues...

Anyway I am not dissing foreign quality or trying to be racist. Mexican craftsman have skills, Italians hand make some of the graetest product ever, and everything I own that says made in Japan is high quality and built with pride.

I do think that companies like GM demand less or maybe expect less from products built overseas.

But that is not my arguement towards shifting jobs outsidethe US. My issue is that without jobs our economy can't turn around. Period.
Uhuh...as I noted in the other thread, it's alright for you to talk all this mess while you drive your foreign car, ride your bike that is 90% foreign, watch your Korean/Japanese TV, type away on your Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean computer... It's a vicious circle and I don't claim to have the answers either. You sure won't catch me riding a Victory anytime in the near future... I'm certainly not going to buy a product based solely on where it's made either. I will say this, if there are two equal products, at similar price points I will always buy the American made unit but that's as far as I'm willing to go.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote