View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I'd say if you can find a cheap used car to pay cash for, go that route. Then you only have to have liability on it. If you lease, then you'll be required to show full coverage. Just another way to save a bit more money.

Porkchop - I'd drive you down to pick up AL's car.
I agree with racedoll. Do NOT buy a new vehicle, let alone lease one. There is absolutely no reason to go into debt, especially when you're only making $1100 a month. The bump in pay is not for certain. If I were you, I'd save as much as possible while driving that car into the ground. When it bites the dust, buy as much used car as you can afford to pay cash for. Do NOT go into debt on it. If you happen to have 2k saved up (plus the air fare or gas money for racedoll), then consider AL's offer after talking to him and doing some research on those cars.

Also, get an idea of how much insurance and tags are going to cost you. No reason to go into it blind.

And if you need more reason to not go into debt, check out www.daveramsey.com or check out "My Total Money Makeover" from your local library.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote