View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #22
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
While I find myself in agreement with FnFalman as far as the difficulty of out performing a V Rod, I can't help but feel Ducati Built "Dumbed Down" Bike for the american market. When I first heard about this bike I thought is was going to be a Busa Killer instead well a V Rod? WTF
Gotta chase the moolah, I suppose. At least they curved the rear tire so that the bike wouldn't have to crawl through the corners, but had anyone here tried to hustle a V-Rod through the corners? Even the Street Rod was a "hog" to hustle through some gentle corners. This bike is lighter and probably shorter so it wouldn't be as bad, but I doubt that it would be a pleasant experience. No matter what Ducati says, that's still a 240 rear tire.

So, why would a true riding enthusiast want this "thing"? The answer is that the true enthusiasts wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft pole. The wannabes that don't want to ride American or Japanese cruisers are going to be the ones buying this "thing".

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote