Thread: Want 650
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
If you are buying new you can probably get a good deal. People selling used SVs around here though seem to think they have gold hidden in the frame somewhere, probably because of their reputation as good track bikes. For what people want for an SV you can get a similar vintage 600ss that is more capable. By capable I mean more power and better suspension from the factory.
I know. The racing community drives the SV demand. I cant believe they canned the SV line. As far as vintage 600s go... Im trying to get AWAY from carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Yea I know we have had this argument but if you are even slightly handy, you can get a totaled 2007+ 600ss for cheap (under $2000) and fix it up. If you really don't want to go with a ss I know a guy selling his '07/'08 SV650 for cheap...
No, I'd rather have a newer 600. And im not bad with my hands. With stuff like that I'd just have to be really careful with straight frames and stuff. I'd love to have an 08 zx6r or 08 gsxr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Kawasaki ZZR-600
Yamaha R6S
Lol your confusing stuff now. Love the ZZR but like I said above, I'm looking to stay away from carbs. The R6S wouldnt be a bad option, but if I wanted that bike I would buy my best friend's '05 R6 that im trying to sell to FullThrottle for $3800. Plus it would have upside down forks and a better rear shock.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 03-05-2011 at 11:37 PM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote