Thread: Malories Law...
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
So they want all sport bikes to be operated by someone with an M endorsement and provide the passenger, if built for two, pegs and hand holds? Sounds like a law that pretty much does nothing to me? Most sportbikes have passenger seat and pegs, some have hand holds, all could be modified to have them if you want to have a passenger on board. I am not sure what they are trying to accomplish, maybe restrict solo seat bikers from giving rides? If so Harley Sporststers should have to comply...As well as motards/dual sports
Where the law screws up is that it requires the passenger to be 18 and have an M endorsement too. I put my 10 year old on the back of my CBR and ride out to baskin robins once a week, which they just effectively made illegal. So now because some dipshit killed his GF I cant take my daughter to get ice cream on sunday afternoon.

My CBR also never came with handholds for the passenger from the factory.

It also classifies a bunch of bikes into the term sportbike that may or may not actually be a sport bike. Where does the FJR fit in? How about the new 1000 ninja? Or even a CBR250 which is a great bike to learn on? What about the XR1200?

Does my CBR900 fit in the touring category? I do touring on it, gone up and down the east coast, I raised the handlebars so I'm not over the gas tank anymore. I think it might fall under exemption D of paragraph 1.

Last edited by derf; 05-17-2011 at 06:02 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote