View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Bobber?
I doubt it. I'll probably keep it a couple of years and sell it... I don't need another project - with the Tiller in pieces and a list of shit to do around the house as long as my arm, I'm busy enough. I'll get it going and commute with it, maybe do some quick weekend runs...

If anything I'll put some pipes on it, a K&N filter, and re-jet it... I'm sure there's some free mods out there just like anything... airbox mod probably...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I recently got a 2003 Honda Shadow 750 ACE in a similar manner. It had been sitting for 3 years and wouldn't even start because the carbs were in such bad shape.

I pulled the carbs over the weekend, cleaned them up, put everything back together, and test rode it last night. Fun bike!

Not sure of your experience level with carbs, but if you need any help, feel free to PM me. I also did a video of the teardown that I still need to put on Youtube if that would help you out.

What year is it? I found a service manual online for '02-05 I *think* ? I'll have to verify the years, but if it fits what you have, I'll gladly send it to you. Definitely came in handy.
I don't know anything about carbs... The old man was a mechanic so I may trick him into helping me... I figure it can't be too hard and with manuals/videos available online, I've been able to figure pretty much anything out so far...

It's a 2008... I will certainly be hitting you up if I get elbow deep in this thing and start losing my mind.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote