Old 07-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #92
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
break in

and mileage makes a dif too.

i said 5-10 hp, not 10%. 10% on 200hp is 20hp. 20hp isnt 5-10hp.

weather matters alot too-notjust actual temp, but corrected altitude and density, barometer pressure, bunch of stuff. you could physically be at 1500ft altitude, but after you calculate everything else, u could technically be at 300ft below sea level, or 3000ft above it. obviously more power can be made at -300 than +3000 on a n/a engine

and although you can tune to get the most hp based on where u are(hot, humid, cold, hi altitude, whatever) and then factor it to make you feel better with a bigger number, your engine only put out whats on the paper. factored hp numbers are bs, cuz u made em up. sounds kinda hypocritical on the surface, based on what i said about the weather, but if u understand what i'm talkin about, it'll make complete sense

none of it matters anyway tho, cuz he didnt have a baseline. he coulda gained 20hp from those mods, no one knows for sure. main thing is the torque curve, its not like he's racing anyway
I think what Tig was talking about is since its a low 100s hp bike, 5-10hp is obviously between 5-10%.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote