View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
elimental
fizzerriderextraordinaire

Moto: '98 fzr600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
you can get a stuck float at anytime, even right after u put it together, just fyi.

but it sounds clean, runs on all four, so thats out...next id look at electrical or clutch... coulda broke a plate maybe....

could still be carb related...getting gas and everything?

honestly have no clue, just going thru what i would do if i were u. never wrenched on a yammi b4, but carbs are carbs.

you could have a bad fuel filter
could have bad gas
could have gotten some trash in the carbs did u take em all apart and blow em out or just drop the bowls?
could have a bad/intermittent electrical connection to the coils or ignition.
clutch problems-check the adjustment on the cable, and i think fzr's have another adjustment where the cable goes into the case, and check the plates.
could be battery related-check voltage with it off, and then make sure its charging when running.

thats all i can think of for now. i know alot about old kawi's and suzuki's, not so much in the old yamaha repertoire
i really appreciate it, going to swap the spark plugs tomorrow just in case i rather start with the cheaper things and work my way up. gas is fresh i pumped a few days ago, took the carbs completely apart, didnt separate them from eachother, but every moving part was cleaned. I know there is an adjustment at the case which i will get into tomorrow.

http://myspace.com/elimental
elimental is offline   Reply With Quote