View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

On the trips I have started taking I wear my street leathers, not my track leathers and I find it more comfortable and less wearing on my body than just jeans and my JR street mesh/textile. I wear my riding boots, leather gloves (non gauntlet) and underarmor under my leathers.

At higher speeds your body is going to be more buffeted by wind and you will feel less impact as well as less dehydrating effects wearing leathers, IMO. Not to mention, if your flying down the interstate at 80-90 mph, what would you rather be wearing if a semi tries to run over the top of you, or vacationers run you off the road? I never get overheated, even here in Florida as long as I dont decide to chill out fully geared. Also, a decent form of AC is to wet yourself down before putting the jacket back on, and as you ride, the water evaporates and cools you quicker than just cooling down from the air...

I never wear a backpack, i strap it onto my tail section. I have luggage now so i'll be testing it out soon...but any added stress on your upper body you will start feeling after a few hours and the less pain or discomfort you feel, obviously the longer you can ride and the more enjoyable it will be.

Have fun, take pics!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote