View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #40
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Get klucky pucks, i love em, ever so smooth.

2-piece/1-piece battle will go on forever. Suits are going to fail no matter what type they are, I have seen a top of the line dianese seem explode from a 20 mph low side, seen a high speed wreck with a guy in a two piece and slide a good ways on asphalt and not really even a scratch on the suit. If you are racing and constantly pushing it 110% sure I can see the reasoning behind a 1 piece, but for anything else 2-pieces will do that job just as well. I see equipment tested on a weekly basis with my trips to the gap, I have not seen anything to really discourage me from getting a quality 2 piece. I wouldn't go cheap on a suit though, that's just asking for trouble. By cheap I don't mean price, I mean quality. You can get quality without price. Price in this sport usually means the patch that has a name on the suit. Just research what people are recommending.
trips got a point. Its a good idea to stay with the name brands, as they've been tried and tested, but there are deals to be had out there. I got my JR gpx off of audiomechanic, a member on here who rides a magna now. Picked it up w/ gloves and boots for 300, that was a steal (thx again, btw audio). It was practically new... cept for some reason he let his cat claw the back of it. It's been through 2 mediocre lowsides and is no worse for wear, just the logos on the arms are a little scraped.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote