Thread: '09 Kawi lineup
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
It really seems to me that all the Japanese sportbike design guru's have gone the way of Chris Bangle at BMW. They took about 6 too many hits of acids and now think angular, classically ugly styling is now the new hotness. It's not.
And it is apparently illegal for any of the big 4 Jap firms to make a sportbike exhaust that isn't hideous and which kills any flow the designer may have forgotten to stamp out.
Italians, Brits and Austrians are the only ones making good looking sportbikes now. Shame.
Don't even get me started on Buells. Kat and I were walking around at Indy and happened on the new 1125 stopped us in our tracks....Jesus Christ those air intakes are just horrific. Did they not look at the bike before sending it off to production? You've got be majorly loyal to the brand or just not give a damn how your bike looks to ride one. Whichever aftermarket firm finds a subtle replacement for the air ducts will make millions.
I agree... though the 1125r's pods (for the radiator not air intake) are for dual purpose... they act as frame sliders in a down.. they're less than $100 so not a bad design actually
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote