View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #17
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

On the issue of the Ninja 250R, I had a quick chat with my dealer buddy about that. He actually told me it has nothing to do with the market. He told me that they are actually producing less than last year!!! You thought it was hard to find one last year... good luck this year. You want one, get on the list NOW!!! See its all about supply and demand. Kawasaki saw how they were being lapped up last year and figured if someone wanted them that bad, someone would be willing to fork over the extra $500. Which they are.

Now this isnt my dealer, but me and my business mumbo-jumbo. Think about this. Say last year Kawi produced the bikes for 3,300 and sold them for 3,500. So for every 8 bikes produced they were making 1,600 in profit. Now the big wigs over there are smart. This year they produce 7 bikes at the cost of 3,300 and sell them at 4,000. People still buy them. That would be 4,900 in profit. Now they are making more than the cost to build another unit as well as the profit that comes with it. So why would they build it??? Keep the production costs down, more profit. It's genious....

Alright, im done....
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote