View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #28
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84 View Post
I disagree. Stock gearing is way to high for my preference. Most bikes are geared for economy as well as performance.
Not to start a fight with you or any of the other people here talking about gearing changes on their street bikes, but what's the point????

Why run the bike in it's powerband all the time and waste gas and engine wear? Why ride on the highway at 70 in 6th gear and have your engine be buzzing at 12krpm?

Why do you need to come out of a corner way up in the powerband, are you driving out of corners like it's a track and spinning up the rear? Racing buddies to the next stop sign?

For most twisties there should be minimal (if any) braking into and driving out of corners... you're just out for a cruise... just take a mild pace and slightly positive throttle, throw the bike around a bit in the curves. You don't need to bottom out the forks on the brakes, trailbrake in there dragging knee, and drive out WFO spinning the rear tire...

We are talking about STREET riding... it's all pointless. And if it's not pointless for you, you should probably tone it down before you start eating guardrails; take it to the track (this part not directed specifically at you jeeps)

Anyways, that's just my outlook on the street now. I know some people still enjoy pushing it out there but to me it's stupid... there are no trophies, too many variables, changing conditions, stupid drivers, etc... I also have no desire to ride my 600SS on the street anymore, it's just a waste. I'll be getting something more fun with less power for the street in the spring and racing my 6.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote