View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600
Default Need thoughts and ideas for a project.

Alright, I am in need of help and or ideas because I am mentally overwhelmed with this.

For those of you who don't know, I graduated from college about 7 months ago and went on a trip to Alaska for 6 months. In the mean time, my mom housed my bike and all of my crap at her house. Now I am living at her place for the next couple of months before I return to Alaska and consider staying through the winter.

Now that I am home and up on my feet I want to get the bike out of the living room. Problem is that we live in a shaddy part of Atlanta and stuff gets fucked with quite frequently. I have a bike cover, a disk lock and a cable lock for it but I don't have anything sturdy to lock it to on the driveway side of the house. I also have a funny feeling it would probably get kicked over anyways.

I would like to relieve my mom of the bike in her living room. However I think I would only feel comfortable if I could park it in the basement at night and when I am gone.

My first problem is getting off the steep drop from the end of the driveway. And to compliment this I was thinking of maybe laying a concrete path from the gate entrance around to the back door, mostly because it gets muddy as hell in the back yard after rain. I don't mind doing it myself and I think I could get away with it for relatively cheap. I would just have to deal with the gradient, and do a shit ton of digging in the very tough ground.

Anyways, I thought I would post up a couple pictures of the situation and maybe see if anyone could throw some ideas or thoughts that I may be missing. Maybe even tips if someone has done something like this before.

Has anyone done something like this before? Would paving a ramp be as easy as laying down wood framing and smoothing out the right gradient?

Gate on the right, Door on the left.

The damn drop off.

Now yes, I realize this is a ridiculous amount of work to keep my very common and unspecialized bike safe. And to make it funnier, if my bike were stolen I would get a profit of 2500 out of the deal. But damnit, I put this thing back together after the last owner wrecked it, it's my first bike and I love it. Not to mention I FUCKING HATE THIEVES and hate to think I would be giving into them if I didn't keep the bike inside.

Yeah I know. WTF is wrong with me.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote