View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

No, thats how I bought the bike. I got it from a dealer for $2500 with the body damage, plus a minor oil leak from the valve cover gasket.

I stopped by the local dealership to buy a new pair of gloves and to look at bikes, was talking to some dude who just traded in his old 900 for a new gsxr750, and the guy told me the whole history of the bike from when he bought it new in 99 until he traded it in, for a little over 2k. He was genuinely sad to see it go. At the time I would have almost definately never bought a 900 being the wheelie king of the 90s and being the original stunta bike. But I went inside, and saw the dealer wheeling it in back, it was in pretty good condition, so I offered them $2500 for it out the door including tax title and tags, which they did on the spot. They did try and talk me into letting them fix the head gasket which they said was leaking oil, new tires, and the body work. I took it as is

I figure it would have cost them another $1k to get it to showroom condition and charged me $2k. Either way it was a good deal for me. I did the bodywork, tires, and changed the valve cover gasket for $350, and have put one or two miles on it since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
nicely done, was this from the towing incident?
Surprisingly enough the majority of the damage from the tow incident was to the other side