View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #47
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I've seen rain gears that are meant to be tightly fitted on the outside of race suits, but I don't know where to get them.
our local vendor is Acme http://www.acmemotowear.com/

they don't show it on their website but here's what they've got posted for us local (rainy) folks:
Now that it is trackday and racing time again, I have received lots of requests for raingear and questions about them. So I thought I'd post up a little something.

ACME has 2 styles:
1. Full on GP style Gusseted rainwear. Covers the top only but is held down through the crotch. They are black and have a tight fit. You must put them on your leathers first and then put your leathers on you. The sizes run small.
There is a convoluted fitment chart, but if you PM me with your Hieght and UK suit size I can tell you what size of suit you would need. These are $100.
Currently I have 2 in stock, but have an order coming from our wholesaler. I have and XL and a 2XL. 5ft9 to 6ft would need an XL and if you're over 5ft 11 most likely a 2XL. But please PM me.

2. We also have a more conventional clear top. You can put this on after your race suit is on. Sizing can be dependant on if you have a hump. We also try to go alittle larger to get over the elbow armor. That is the toughest spot for these. They are lightweight, but seem to do well. If you pull very hard they can rip and do! These are $60. I currently have a few of these in many sizes.
6-XXL
5-XL
2-L

3. We have Foggy Masks....They work! $20...we have 4 of them in stock.
I will be out at NESBA tomorrow to ride, but I will bring my supply out there if anybody wants to stop by and see it work and or buy it. Elaine and I will be riding, so just hang out and we will get you taken care of. Plus, we will be stocking up on more. We thought this 1st order would get us through the first 2 weekends of OMRRA and WMRRA, but that just isn't happening.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote