Thread: KTM Super Duke
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
The price tag is high but then look at all the components: Brembo radial calipers and master cylinder, Brembo radial master clutch cylinder, Brembo wheels, WP twin-speed suspensions, Renthal bars, etc. Nothing is cheap on that bike. The engine doesn't give out the highest outputs among the liter twins but the power curve is superbly tailored to the bike. It's not about sheer power, but it's about useable power. Performance Bike did a shootout between the liter naked at the Nurburing last year and the only naked bike that outran the Super Duke was the Aprilia Tuono Factory.
I haven't got any real saddle time on the Tuono (Oh and would I like to!) and as much as I love my friends S4RS I have to say the KTM felt far more planted It had the power where it was usable not in some stratospheric boil, and was amazingly well suited for the kinds of twisted multi surface environment (everything from glass smooth to gaping pot holes) we find here. It was almost as forgiving as my old V-Strom 1000 with far more performance.
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote