View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #22
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Ok so I'm actively on the hunt for a new lid. Figured this would be just as well to bump an existing thread.

Schuberth C3 is at the top of the list. There's the Multitec, Scorpion, Nolan, etc. out there, but the Schuberth...

Trip, Ebbs, Papa Complex, I know y'all have Schuberths, so what's the long term concensus?

I'm especially interested in Ebbs' experience this last week with the cold weather performance of the lid. I think he did a little bit of sub 50 temp riding. LOL.
Sorry, just saw this now.

Pin Lock works reasonably well, but it's not perfect. I still get some fogging in very high humidity, with temps around freezing. 40F+ shouldn't be an issue.

The helmet is quiet. Maybe the most quiet that I've owned. I still use earplugs for highway riding, though, because the wind noise is still at a level that can cause damage over the long term.

The helmet is very comfortable, but YMMV based on head shape. The lining is removable, for cleaning. Air flow is quite good, but not quite up to the level of my old top of the line Arai or Shoei helmets. Then again those helmets aren't as quiet.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote