View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #34
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Congrats on passing the MSF basic course. Now, do don't some stupid shit like buying a Hayabusa. You're barely competent enough to ride a light, weak motorbike in a parking lot, just to keep things in perspective. So becareful in what you get and practice, practice, practice and then practice some more before hitting the streets. Get your starting, stopping and gearshifting until it's natural. The streets are not the place to stall out or drop bikes.

BTW, don't forget to buy a tire pressure gauge. Get a good analog one (the digital ones tend to die when you need them the most) with a hose and an air release button so that if you were to overinflate your tire, you can deflate the tire while monitoring the pressure. Check the pressure at least once very two weeks, preferrably once every week. Keep the pressures to factory recommendations for now until you learn more about your bike's handling. Then you can experiment with tire pressures.

This gauge has all the features that I suggested. Also make sure that you get the gauge that goes up to 60-psi. A street bike's tire pressure can go up to 40-PSI or more. http://www.getagauge.com/MotorcycleTireGauges.cfm

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote