Thread: Buell 1125CR
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #12
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Like many bikes, it's a take it or leave it design. It doesn't look like ANYTHING else out there. That appeals to some and doesn't appeal to others.

I think I remeber seeing an entire thread here blasting the new Ninja styling or something or other in that they had homoginized the line with something else and that they hated the looks of it. To tell you the truth, not being an IL4 guy, I can't tell the difference between an R1, a 10R, and a GSXR most of the time. There ain't much difference between the plastics from bike to bike or for bike layout. They are all basically the same like stock cars.

I probably wouldn't EVER buy one, at least for anything but a disposable track whore, for that very reason.

The engine is unchanged from the 1125R, but the final gearing is 11% lower to give as much bias toward hooliganistic behaviors as possible.

I have sat on it. I will test ride it next weekend.

There are those who will always be Buell people or Ducati people or RC51 people or TLR people, and then there are IL4 folks. There ain't a lot of cross over. I'm addicted to low end grunt rather than top end scream.

The CR, looks and all, is on my short list. I WILL have one. I've even got my SR71 paint scheme worked out.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote