View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Nice read Capt.

Sounds like you're looking for a bike that will be fun around town but capable to doing an overnight stint. True?

Did you not consider the cross country? Don't want the fairing?

I priced out a couple Vics last night and was surprised they are more costly than Harleys. Take that for what you want.

Windshields can also be cut down if you know somebody.
Yeah, need something that I can ride all day long, as I make field calls for my job and typically ride the entire day, going from place to place. Plus, I'd like to make some longer, multiple day trips from time to time.

I'm not sure how much zip code plays into it, but I compared the Cross Roads to the Road King and the Cross Country to the Street Glide. In both cases (using my zip code for the Vics, as Harley doesn't consider zips), the Vics start out 1k cheaper than the comparable Harley. Don't think I've written off Harley, because I haven't. I just haven't had the opportunity to ride all the various Harley's that will fit my needs. I plan to try them out on the Harley Demo Days, when it occurs later this year. I will also take the bikes out for test rides again just prior to buying.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote