View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
But the base Vic doesn't have as many options as the base HDs. The HD's start out with more options and by the time you put those options on the Vic its pricey. I couldn't believe that their vision was about $2k over the Ultra. I also couldn't believe their assc were crazy expensive. And I'm use to HD and custom parts!!
Yes it is but again
The Vision is a is a good deal more sophisticated Bike than the Ultra , with a larger moter and a 6 speed. It's ride is much closes to a LT bike Like the BMW LT or the Goldwing. as Far Looks go thought the Vision is way up on my list of ugly. The Prices like everything are flexible. Gas one the things you are absolutely right about is that there are far more people ready to buy HD then Victorys. Show a Victory dealer cash and watch the price fall! BTW price point to price branded gizmos prices are about the same where HD gets a big edge and it is one to consider. After Market is Far Deeper for HD's they have been here for ever and more people make parts. ( I feel more than a little guilty pimping for Victory while mine is for sale. ) For touring with power and handling the Goldwing has spoiled me. It is going to take a lot to get me off it.