View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #14
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

No kidding - I remember all the project stuff & shitloads of switches/components/cool stuff they used to stock when I was a kid. Had one of those build-a-circuit boxes with switches/lights/spring-contacts built in that I designed a simple binary logic 'computer' on & then made the permanent one that won a regional science-fair (surprised the shit outta myself, I was a slacker student ), all with components from the Shack. Alas, gone the way of corporate America now though & mostly just a bunch of generic big-box store type stuff except for a few bins.

Combo relay, huh? Hadn't seen that before, but makes sense from a small/light/integrated standpoint. I can see not wanting to dig into the harness, but it should only be 2/3 wires (+ in & out, and 3 if you use the ground from the relay harness vs. frame-grounding) to identify & splice . Sounds like you're going about the resistor install well & that can work fine w/ the right values - seems like as much or more hassle & not as clean as just splicing to me though, especially w/ doing it well by making a mount/sink (but I'm just anal like that). Either way - good luck w/ getting it sorted-out & kudos for diving into it and figuring out how to install yourself!
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote