View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

You shouldn't *have* to bleed your brakes after that, but if you want to you can, it's pretty easy.

Open the top of your brake fluid reservoir, put a short section of hose routed into a catch can on the bleed nipple and get a wrench (should be 10mm). Open the bleed valve on the caliper, pump the brake lever til it gets soft, close the bleed valve, pump til it firms up again, and repeat as many times as necessary. The trick is to keep an eye on the fluid in the reservoir and keep it topped off with new fluid, and watch for clean fluid to come out of the caliper (though the hose into the catch can) and you're golden. Obviously you have to do one line at a time, I usually do the riders right side first, then switch to the left, then go back to the right and make sure no old fluid got back into the caliper. The toughest thing to do is to make sure you keep the reservoir topped off, because if you get an air bubble in the lines you're farked. Oh and use GOOD brake fluid, I like Motul or Bel-ray.
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote