View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #8
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
I wonder if all this backlash against police brutality is going to have the effect of pussifying some of the police into being too scared to administer the proper level of force. I don't care if the girls were 10 years old! Once they started punching the officers, they were entitled to and should have received the full slam down! I feel that if I were in that situation as an officer I would have been as diplomatic as possible and even if they hit me, as long as it wasn't anything I felt as painful or dangerous I would probably still be fairly calm about it but, they WOULD do whatever it was I was ordering them to do whether willingly or not!
I've been in a situation where I was trying to subdue someone and they were punching and kicking me but, they weren't strong enough for it to hurt me so, I just continued trying to get a better grip on them without doing them any harm.
However, I had another similar situation where a person DID hit me in a way that hurt and I ended up cutting my knuckle on their tooth. Of course, it came through their lip to do so. They calmed down rather quickly at that point.
I'm afraid that's exactly what's going to happen and it's going to get a good cop killed. What happened on a local board, when someone posted this story, gave me a headache. There were a couple of people who immediately jumped in to ask 'what the officer did to provoke the kids.' How does a cop provoke a kid, who is trespassing, in such a way that makes her get into a fist fight with someone who is carrying a tonfa, pepper spray, and a GUN?!

Unfortunately there are several things at play here. A few bad cops are making some people go all FTP on all cops. This in turn fosters an us vs. them attitude in even the good cops.

Then there's the "Free to be, You and me" generation of parents and teachers who either refuse to, or are incapable of, disciplining their spawn.

Those kids are growing up to be budding young sociopaths, for whom their own gratification is the only understandable goal. There's no empathy, no shame, and no civic responsibility in them. It's not all of them, but it's enough to create a very real problem.

And that's still leaving aside all of the racial and religious issues, real imagined, and invented, that create tension.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote