View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

like cutty said... practice.

with the clutch try letting the clutch out FIRST before giving it gas... let the clutch out just enough till the bike starts to roll... then roll on the throttle. on my ZZR the throttle response was horrible under 20mph... so I'd use verry little to 0 throttle and just slip the clutch to stop the jerky rock'n that would happen if I just let the clutch out and controlled my speed with the throttle.

with the cones... try not to look at the cones... look UP... you look down you will either miss cones or put a foot down. run through it looking at an imaginary point straight ahead over each cone. you should have an idea if you missed them, but shouldn't know for sure until you stop and look back... if you do miss them... it's not the end of the world...

but don't get too worked up about it... even if you have to drop another $250... it's worth it.

and to be honest... in my class, there was only one girl who failed... and she couldn't do a single move with out putting her foot down or forgetting something.

I'm sure you'll be fine...

GOOD LUCK!!!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote