View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #203
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

This past weekend, my friend and I rented a late model Mercury Grand Marquis. This one had all the power options, leather, and whatever else. My review of it is slightly skewed, though. We drove a non-turbo diesel flatbed tow truck hauling a 9,000 pound wheel lift tow truck up to North Carolina from Florida preceding the rental, so anything that wasn't cramped, uncomfortable, and slow was a blessing.

That said, the seats were comfortable. The leather felt a little cheap, almost plasticy/synthetic. Power wasn't bad. There seemed to be some slight hesitation from hitting the throttle to actually responding. The steering was ridiculously floaty. It took more effort to stay in a lane than any car should have. The trunk was massive. It was easily in the tier where capacity is measured in dead bodies, rather than groceries. Not a horrible ride, especially after being stuck in a truck that literally took miles to reach 60 mph, but nothing I'd ever want to own.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote