View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I sat one one a few weeks ago and wow that thing is huge in the front!

I'm glad you're diggin' it! How does the motor compare to the Busa as far as streetability now that you've had it a couple of weeks? I doubt I'm ready to give up my Busa anytime soon, but bigger is better.
I still have My 05 Busa with the turbo and fuel rail so I have sort of a stilted view of power. The busa seems very sophisticated and because the turbo runs out through a full system quiet and almost stealth like with the ability to go by almost unnoticed or you can roll into it and be a screaming flash. The B King on the other hand is running out through a pair of Two Brothers slip ons. The moment it starts there is a snapping growl that makes it impossible not to notice. It has much more torque down low than the Gen 1 Busa and will stand up the moment you want it to. I am unsure if it is cammed differently but the gen 1 has a Higher red-line by 500 rpms. The up right seating position of the king adds to the perception of acceleration as the ever increasing wind pushes into you. You didnt ask but the brakes really set it apart from Gen 1 (enough so that I have begun saving to have the Brembo radial master Cylinder conversion on my 05) The brakes bring the speed down quickly and are easily modulated. I love this ugly bastard.