View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Default Did the NHL make the wrong call on Sean Avrey?

--Yahoo News---

Tuesday evening, the league suspended Dallas Stars forward Sean Avery for comments he made following the Stars' morning skate earlier in the day in Calgary.

According to one observer, Avery waited until all the cameras were around him, then started talking.

What he said led to an indefinite suspension pending a meeting with commissioner Gary Bettman.

"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary. I love Canada," an unprovoked Avery told the gathered reporters. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds."

In case you're not following Avery's love life on a daily basis, he once dated actress Elisha Cuthbert who is now dating Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf. She has also been romantically linked to other hockey players.

Avery also dated Rachel Hunter, who is now the girlfriend of Los Angeles Kings forward Jarrett Stoll.

Avery concluded his statement with: "I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight."

----end---

Is this the right call? Do we not want to see him get his face smashed into the boards? I am a huge Stars fan, and I want to see him get his face punched in. The players on the team can't stand him, and are glad to have him gone. Hicks said that if the NHL hadn't suspended him, he would have. What happend to the old NHL where you settled your differences on the ice... regardless...?
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote