View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
Anyone have some ideas here?

I've got a 96 S10 2.2, everyting is wired up right, and hooked up where its supposed to be, but I cant get the truck to run because the fuel injectors arent firing as they need to be. I've got ONE plug I cant figure out, looks just like the cam position sensor plug, but the notch is different and theres nowhere for it to go on my motor.

Right now, the truck runs with ether in the intake, but wont start on its own. I'm not really sure WTF to make of it, but its annoying as shit.

anyone got some input? My only idea now is ECU is toast.
If the vehicle runs off of ether, then the CAM and CRANK signals are ok or at least enough to run the engine.

Does the fuel pump energize with the key initially turned ON?

Check the ECM IGN 20A fuse that supplies ignition voltages to all 4 fuel injectors. Then make sure there is 12V at each fuel injector with the key on, engine off.

If you can get ahold of a noid light, you can plug it into one of the fuel injector connectors and crank over the engine. If the noid light blinks, you probably have a fuel delivery/regulator/fuel issue.

The ECM BATT 20A fuse feeds the fuel pump relay, but the the fuel pump will run w/o the relay if oil pressure is present (bypass).

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote