Thread: Wheelie Vids
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #46
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
The ability of riders to underestimate the complete lack of control, observation and care by other drivers never ceases to amaze me. I drive one of these:

Nine feet high, almost 7 feet wide, and 158 inch wheelbase, bright white; and I have people trying to merge me into the ditch on a regular basis, and I wonder "How?"

So, if you think that ANYBODY sees you on a bike, well, it's just a matter of time.....................
Man you're right! I worked for U-Haul when I was in school and we had to tranfer trucks across town. Some dumb bitch literally changed lanes into me while I was driving a 24' orange and white truck! Not to mention the several close calls.... people are stupid! Now on the other hand,I've done more than my fair share of highway wheelies,hell me and my friends sold two videos full of them,and I've never had a vehicle turn into me nor have I personally seen it happen. Ofcourse,we always worked the fast lane and tried to only do it without any traffic... I guess I'm on the fence with this one. I think it's a "calculated risk" but to think it's "safe" is foolish!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote