View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #45
sfarson
On a Ride

Moto: Two Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25 View Post
i got an 08 BMW brochure in the mail yesterday and found the HP2 sport interesting. the rest of the BMWs look like old fart's bikes. whaddya think?

(retails for $25,375)
Perhaps it's my middle-ageness but the BMW styling does it for me. Their bikes don't blend in like many others do. The GS looks perfect for its adventure/dual sport ambitions. The HP2 Sport and K1200S bike above don't look like old fart bikes to me. The deep dish spinning rear wheel connected to the single sided swing arm is memorizing to observe, as if hanging in mid-air when under way.

They aren't everyone's cup of tea, but there's a real-worldness to them. Munich recognizes the vast majority of sporting rides never see a track (99% of sportbikes don't according to Cycle World), thus one finds their bikes having ABS, shaft drives, heated grips, power ports, gear indicators, sweet suspension, thoughtful ergos, accessory options galore, and performance levels where it is the rider not the bike. But would note this... kinda fun to have a BMW on the track passing the race replicas. Something about going fast on a "slow" bike.

Last edited by sfarson; 03-14-2008 at 11:50 PM..
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote