Old 10-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
LI = Long Island?
LMK = ?

We'd consider Long Island but normally when I hear "Island" I think expensive. It'd only be for 2 years so I could "suffer" for 2 years before we move to Chicago (burbs). We both aren't excited to move to NY. Infact she pretty much had her fill staying in Times Square for 1 day. We're hoping for Chicago or Atlanta but want to be prepared way ahead of time if she takes the job.

I'm guessing 30-40miles out is the farthest we'd live (but may make exception for CT). Transit is no problem, it's gotta be better than MARTA (Atlanta's transit). So as long as the rail lines are fairly safe then she should be okay with commuting to NYC from a good distance away.

Oh yeah. Taxes, Tolls, and any other hidden stuff.

Rider: I figured CT would be what you said. But the more liberty a state has the better I like it.

Plus can you buy beer on Sunday or 24hours (NY,NJ,CT)?

Thanks for the help peoples
Times Square is a crap. Anywhere where tourists congregate is crap.
Its a totally different story once you leave the tourist traps.

If you are not going to be here for to long. Queens and Brooklyn offer a lot of relatively inexpensive rentals and plenty of spots you do not need a car. Best way to get around is by foot or train. Cabs are usually a waste...unless its party time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote