View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #22
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Well tt is just a difference in pov and opinion. More over a chicken or the egg debate. I say tt no matter how u want to slice it. HD is king and all these other brands try to live off a piece of the hd pie tt falls off. Same reason why the metric cruisers went bk to pushrod motors. Trying to emmulate hd in one fashion or the other.

At the end here today. I don't expect anybody to agree with me here in an anti-hd hating metric burning website such as this.
I hope I haven't come across as inflammatory
To Be honest I do Have a Anti HD bias but that has more to do with the some of its riders then the bikes.
I would Agree that the Companies are trying to get their piece of that pie. Hence the the retro styling of Heavy Cruisers. Being a Victory Guy I would say since 03 they have done the best job of moving away from the HD "Look"

I am aware that Yamaha went back to Push Rods but who else did? I am asking because I don't know. Vic is a Overhead Honda is, Kawasaki is.
HD are fine bikes for what they are Heavy Cruisers. I am unaware of any recent innovations on their part. They seem content to adapt the invocations of other companies that make inroads into the Heavy Cruiser Market place. Not a bad Business Strategy it is working very well for Hyundai.