View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #20
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
If the concern is that GM is "too big to fail" because of the loss of all those American jobs, why would Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. not build new plants and hire those displaced workers?

Wouldn't that give the US a domestic auto PRODUCTION industry without all the bad administrative and benefits legacy problems of Ford, GM, and Chrysler?

If GM, Ford, and Chrysler were gone tomorrow, what would Americans buy? Who would produce those cars?

Sometimes bankruptcy helps an ailing company to become profitable. Other times it helps an irreparably damaged company cease to exist.
the thing is... THEY WOULD... and from speaking to quite a few employee's of both domestic and import automakers plants in the us... the folks work'n for Toyota and Honda seem to be happier. they aren't worried about loosing their jobs at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Wow...thats gotta be the most ass backwards list ever
how so? those cars listed did just as much damage to us automakers reps as their own fuck ups... prior to Toyota and Honda... 100K was a HUGE mark... you'd rarely own a vehicle past 100k cause 1. it wouldn't last much longer... 2. it took a HUGE hit to it's value. I'd say Toyota and Honda are the reason that's no longer the case.

shit I haven't bought a truck in the last 5 years that had UNDER 100k (yes all toyota's) go back to the 80's... I'd be wear'n a straight jacket.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote