View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Trace, I've driven this route as far north as TOK (I then turn south to Anchorage) 3 times... about to embark on my 4th tomorrow. Leaving anchorage and heading to Fairbanks and staying the first night in TOK. I'm gonna hit the top of the world highway through Dawson this time... and enter Watson Lake from the north rather than Hwy 1.

Good luck... gas is about every 200 miles. you may hit a stretch pushing it to 240 or so but I think that's only one area. on the KLR you'll be fine.

Watch for Bison. Mark my words, you will see a TON! in all the times I've driven it I've never seen few enough to bother counting them all.

make sure you have you're camera ready, as great photo ops are everywhere.

also... remember a sleep mask or something. right now, the sun sets at 1050 something. so keep an eye on the clock and don't push yourself too far, it'd be easy to over extend yourself only to find you're too tired and between towns (several hours/hundreds of miles can separate towns with lodging)

HAVE FUN! I can't wait to get my life sorted and back on my Two wheeled adventures...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote