View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
You fuckers in the south can't handle the snow... PERIOD!
From living in Alaska and my experiences in Tennessee, the people in the north can't either. People who were most often in the snow bank in Alaska were the badass pro drivers from the north with their badass ready to go 4WD SUVs and trucks all ready to jump any size snow drift. It was point of laughter up there. Typical overconfidence of skill and conditions.

It's the same thing I saw this week. People with mini vans, small cars, small trucks taking in conditions that they weren't use to in stride and slowing down to compensate for the bad conditions they had no experience in handling. Then you got the morons with their super awesome 4WD SUVs ready to just go hauling ass through the ice and making sure everyone gets the fuck out of their way only to wind up sliding into a ditch.

I stuck on the interstate for an hour in Chattanooga after leaving work early because they didn't treat the interstate and by the time they decided to do something, no one could make it up the ridge cut without getting stuck. Plows finally came through and shut it down so they could plow lanes up it. Most everyone was handling it well and giving plenty of room in the bad conditions we don't normally see in this area.

This time has a lot to do with complete lack of preparation. I had no idea it was even suppose to snow that day and conditions were fine by the time most of us went to work, no one had any idea it would actually stick to the roads and get to a level of it actually being packed snow on the interstate. The meterologists missed it completely. By the time they realized this, it was too late to stop the chaos that ensued.

Last edited by Trip; 01-30-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote