View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
When I'm using a stick shift, I'm all alone, so I'm doing it for my enjoyment only. I didn't buy a stick shift car to impress passengers or people walking down the sidewalk.

When people drag elbow at a track day, I don't really think it's for fun and fun alone. They are also doing it to impress others, win a bet with their friends, or score a cool photo opp.

Thread tie-in attempt denied.
I can get my elbow down on my fiddy. Anytime I ride that thing with my leathers on, my elbow is on the asphalt. I don't care if it is 100 people watching the races up at DGMR or if it's just me in my subdivision. It's fun as shit. If I could do it on the GS, I would be doing it all the time on the GS.

Getting a knee down on the GS is a pain in the ass getting set up right for the corner to monkey off the bike and beat the engine head to the ground. I do it all the time by myself at the gap because it's a freakin blast to do it.

Oh, you may not have bought the stick to impress someone, but the car may be another story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote