View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
julie j
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: F650GS & XT250

Friday we headed out towards Four Corners. We were a little nervous about this leg of the tour since my tank is really small and we had heard gas was scarce. My husband was carrying an extra gallon for me in case of emergency but we did not need it. There is some long hot sections of road out here and we did get stuck sitting in some construction. Here is a picture of my husband, Brandon, standing in Colorado & Utah while I am in Arizona & New Mexico. After that we pushed on though to Cortez, CO.

Saturday morning we are were feeling lazy and got a late start. We did make it to Mesa Vera but did not have as much time to explore as I had hoped. The road in the park is really twisting and fun so not all was lost but I could tell me husband was antsy.

Little did I know he had us headed for the Million Dollar Hwy later that afternoon. This was a bucket list item for him. Not so much for me. I am afraid of highs and having a guardrail makes all the difference in the world to me. At one point I remember thinking “Does Colorado not believe in guardrails?” then it dawned on me what highway I am on. It was one lane traffic at one point on the highway. I pulled up next to him and asked, “You have me on that highway don’t you?” He did not have to answer. I could tell by the grin on his face which could be see even with a full face on.
Brandon knows me better then myself. He did not tell me where we were headed because he knew I would worry about it. I was thankful I did it and actually want to go do it again. He did buy me this shirt to make up for it.

We stayed the night in Ouray, Co and had an excellent dinner at the Outlaw Steakhouse. Ouray is this awesome little town that I could have easily spent another day at. The whole town is nestled in the valley of the mountains and views were incredible.

julie j is offline   Reply With Quote