Thread: Any BMW owners?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 12:14 PM   #31
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Anyone who has lived in Germany/Europe knows that this man has made a valid decision. I've seen Mercedes towing trailers. We had a hitch on my Dad's old Eldorado when I was a kid. I plan to put a hitch on my Bonneville to go to Daytona next year. My point is that the man can easily find hitch for that car and it's tow rated(V-8 anyway) a class II tow vehicle. He can get a "flat tongue" receiver hidden hitch at U-Haul for about $250 installed. Why would ANYONE buy a second vehicle to do something TWICE a year,which was this man's stated purpose?

For the record,I owned a "4 banger" S-10 and it SUCKED for towing! The fuel mileage was HORRIBLE! I was going to Daytona in a "caravan" and I had to stop way more times than guys driving Navigators and Escalades!

I know that I do the same thing but it is humorous to see people form opinions about things they know absolutely nothing about. I worked for U-Haul for a couple years and they sell hitches for pretty much ANY vehicle you can name! BTW I've seen Goldwings tow a small trailer with a sportbike on it in Daytona several times!
Now that my friend, may be the only way to travel.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote