View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:45 AM   #6
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Man, you keep flip-flopping.......first liter bikes, then 600's, then an EX500, now back to 600's?

I've had the 2007 600rr for the canyons for over 2.5 years now...and the EX500s were commuting bikes as with a few other second bikes. I'm wanting to get a different canyon bike. The 2006 ZX10r was just too much power and too heavy. I didn't feel like killing myself.

The only reason I want to get rid of the 600rr is because the bike is simply too small for me and after 2.5 years I'm still not use to having to constantly slide rearward. I love everything else on the bike...power, suspension, brakes and flickablity. However, the tank to bars is simply too close.

I really want another 600 and not a liter bike. The only reason I was interested in the 09 R1 was because the riding position is much better and it has an ABC power setting.

I love the lightness of the 600 and ability to rev it near redline without the front end coming up. After sitting on the new ZX6r, the bike's tank is longer than the 600r and I seem to fit very well on it. I don't want a liter bike, really. I had one and it is just not as fun as a 600 unless I can detune it to where I can rev it to redline without wheeling it coming out of corners. I like to keep the RPMs towards the 9-12k range.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote