Thread: Electric Derbi
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #9
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
You have to consider the overall footprint of the bike. Yeah, it's zero dollars at the pumps and zero emissions out of the pipes, but how much money does it cost you in electricity to charge it up? How much coal is burned or pollution is created to generate the electricity to charge the bike? What about the eventual battery disposal?

Electric vehicles are a great idea, but we have to look at all aspects of it before we assume it's all green and eco friendly.
Right, I hear ya. Coal = Bad. Now is it worse than buying gasoline?

Really, honestly, I don't care. Like I said I believe the greater issue is being worked on and if not oh well.

I just like seeing out of the box designs. I really wouldn't care if I had to put hair spray in the thing to make it go. The point is it is different and has a chance to not only expose new riders who may be looking for an alternative to high gas prices ( I could be wrong but isnt that why so many are jumping on Honda Sprees and mopeds nowadays?) but would be a safer and smaller alternative to a 600cc from the big 4.

I'm not trying to come off as a dick here as some may take it, I'm just saying its nice to see someone trying something else.

Like I said I like a different approch from time to time. I'm not concerned with our energy structure or saving the planet. I will leave that one to the really smart politicians.