View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
martywj
Squid

Moto: '96 Kawasaki Voyager, '78 Yamaha XS650SE

Sunday September 6
We were up and going a bit earlier this morning. After we had breakfast at the hotel we were on the road by 7:30. Here is the route we took today.

Riding through the Woodlands heading for Hempstead,

I think that motorcycle is following me again.

It was very cool and humid on the road this morning you could almost see the water vapor in the air sometimes. We made it Hempstead and got the Waller County courthouse picture. We stopped at this place to find a geo-cache. We had to take a picture of ourselves with the lion to verify our find so out came the tripod.

Oops!

Oops again!

Now that’s better! Back on the road again, but first a stop for a really big COW!

I snapped a pic of Kathy in front.

I thought this was a neat shot of the Fort Bend county courthouse dome in Richmond. The Lady Justice with her scales watching over the proceedings.

This was good shot of the Moore House a historical house and museum nearby.

I liked this view of Lamar and the Lady Justice in the background.

Our next stop was Angleton for the Brazoria County courthouse. We found this there from an old lighthouse that used to be at mouth of the Brazos River.

It started to sprinkle on us while we were there so I put the camera away and we prepared for rain. Just outside Bay City in the rain caught up to us. It came down pretty hard for a bit. As you can see from the picture of the Matagorda County courthouse it was taken in the rain.

We had made our destination so we stopped to visit Kathy’s Mom for a bit. By the time we were ready to ride again the rain had let up and was just a sprinkle again. As we made our way to Wharton it did rain on us some more. By the time we got there the sun was out and it was like being in a steam cabinet. I thought this was a unique Veterans Memorial at the Wharton County courthouse.

We saw this mural on a building across from the courthouse.

Our next stop was the courthouse in Columbus for Colorado County. I thought this was a neat shot of the dome. I made one almost like it in Richmond.

From there we rode on to Bellville for the Austin County courthouse. Then we made a mad dash to Brenham our next stop for the night at the LaQuinta Inn. There was a Denny’s within walking distance for dinner, and another day ended very nicely.

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

CMA #63099 North Texas Area Rep
IBA #31625
martywj is offline   Reply With Quote