View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Next, start the bike, disconnect the fuel pump while running to drain the fuel rail. After it dies, crank it again for a couple seconds to be sure.

After you are done cranking the bike, put rags in the intake to prevent anything from being dropped in them.
Then, disconnect the fuel rail, be sure to plug/cap the lines so no shit gets in them.

Disconnect the throttle cables.

Disconnect all the other wiring. Horn wires, O2 sensors, speed sensor, main ECM cable, clutch cable, rear brake line...

By this point, my assistants were getting rather bored...

Next, remove the muffler and set aside. Then position a floor jack under the engine to support it.

Also at this time, position whatever it is you are going to support the front end/frame with.

Then, remove the 7 bolts connecting the frame/tank to the engine (yes, just 7) 1. Shock to swingarm 2 & 3 front K brackets to front of engine (radiators must be loose to get to them) 4 & 5 Rear area of frame/tank 6 & 7 Further up, on the right side there is a pinch bolt that must be loosened first.
Once all the bolts are removed, start lifting the frame SLOWLY to ensure that all the wiring has been disconnected properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Last edited by Cutty72; 05-13-2012 at 12:43 AM..
Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote