View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickibocc View Post
Hybrids really are not that expensive. Yes, theya re more expensive than the regular model of the same car (Civic vs. Civic Hybrid, etc). The Prius is a bit weird looking, but it's built for effiency in the aerodynamics...which is why the new Honda Insight will have the same funny looking hatchback and short nose. But the civic looks exactly the same as the regular model. It starts at about 8k more than the regular model but it depends on what's more important to you.

For those of you that are more into horsepower and an impressive car than high gas mileage...if you knew you could get a significant amount more power out of a car that was 8k more (say its turbocharged or whatever)...I think you would pay it..because being able to go fast is important to you.

But if you're worried about gas mileage and the environment...than the 8k is worth paying to get 10 extra miles to the gallon.

If my Blazer got 31mpg vs. the 21mpg I get now...I'd be all over it. It's a significant difference.
if you were at all concerned about the envioronment you would buy a conventional small displacement car and not something that will have such an ugly impact when you eventually send it to the breakers. you might learn how to drive stick too
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote