View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
What fights are you guys watching? I watched Overeem become the K1 champ..... Are you all serious? Lesner? Um didn't Overeem also win the World heavyweight Mma championship and Dream or Strikeforce last year? I'm not saying he's perfect or anything but it's going to be a fight. Hey maybe Lesner should fight in the K1 grand prix this year...... K1> Mma....
Here's the problem... Wrestling is known to nullify pretty much everything else... Especially pure striking... If Lesner was the type of fighter that ate punches and kept coming forward, I'd venture to say Overeem would have very little chance... Since Lesnar reacts horribly to getting hit, but is one of the very best pure wrestlers in HW MMA... It's a toss up. And then you factor in the fact that 'Reem has never faced a wrestler anywhere close to that caliber... Tough call.

Plus, I'd also be so bold as to say that the level of competition in K1 isnt necessarily comparable to MMA. As Chael Sonnen said, "I can discredit K1 with two words, 'Bob Sapp'."
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote