View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

It was good weather while it lasted. Today's supposed to be the last nice day for a while.

When I was bicycling home from my gym this morning, I saw a fancy motorcycle up a block I don't usually take. It was a small Aprilia. "250?" I asked, seeing the single front disc. "Good eye" he said, "but it's a 125." I looked it over and said "you don't see many new two-strokes. I'd love to hear it." He started it up and reved it. It still ring-dinged, but at a faster tempo than I remember. He said he got the bike for his wife. Haha.

The swing arm looked like it came from a liter bike. "It's a pure race bike" he said, "I had to put on the turn signals, etc." "Well, at least you were able to get it licensed" I said while looking at his current plates. "Oh, I took those tags off my Harley" he said, "I'm hoping to get it licensed as a dual-sport."

I told him I was riding up Lookout Mountain later, and he said I may see him up there. Both him and his friend also had Ducatis. I didn't see them on Lookout, but they only live three blocks from my house. Maybe I'll have some new riding partners and TWFixers.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote