View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
eh, i donno. why do funerals have to be so damn serious?

When i go, i want my funeral to be a celebration of my life, not a depressing week long event...

plus im getting creamated anyways, i aint comming back as no zombie on the appocolypse.
Actually the funeral wasn't serious at all; the pastor was awesome - he was very much about anecdotes, and relating scripture to real life rather than just reading stuff that's 'tradtional,' but there's a difference between non-serious and downright disrespectful, IMO.

There was a procession we rode with the Patriot Guard Riders on --- HUUUUUGE long procession (on bikes, obviously) where EVERYONE stood on street corners, sat on the hoods of their cars with their flags waving, and they waved, cheered and saluted as if it were a parade, but that was different -- that was people showing respect for the fallen soldier and patriotism, and in a completely different way than this little asshole today was doing.

(and for the record, I'm all for cremation myself... once I'm done with this body, there's no need for it to take up space on earth, IMO)
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote