View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #26
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
... However, you know how kids can be.

Perfect example is that a couple years ago she was watching me shave. I had told her more than once that razors can cut her and to NEVER touch my razors. I stressed this again while she watched me shave. A couple hours later she came in crying that she cut her finger because she touched "the hurt part" of my razor. She had climbed up on the sink and gotten into the medicine cabinet. Luckily, it was nothing more than a nick. I've actually cut myself worse while shaving. We had a nice little "I told you so" talk and she promised never to do it again. She's brought up the razor incident on several occassions when we've discussed things that are dangerous, so I'm hoping she learned her lesson. Regardless, I still bought the gun cabinet.
I did this with my Dad. It was lead that he had just melted, poured into a mold, and dumped it out to cool. Told me NOT to touch because it was VERY hot. Guess what... I picked it up But even more quickly dropped it. I was very young, maybe 4 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Totally understandable.
As for myself, I grew up in a hunting family. Seeing what guns do to deer was all the convincing I needed.
...well, that and the assurance that I would have my ass beaten if I messed with the guns without an adult's permission. Maybe parental threats don't mean much to kids these days, but back then I was convinced that they would somehow know and I'd get it.
I still think my parents would whip me if I did something really stupid. I prefer not to find out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The question is how well will the composite door hold up in a fire? I keep important documents inside my gun safe, not just the guns, so I want max fire protection.
Yeah. I would like to know that and why some are cheaper ($) but have higher ratings (temp and time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I went for a fairly basic Stack-On unit, with key lock, then lag bolted it into a closet, on the side wall, at 6 points (two on the floor and four into the framing). Puting it in, sideways, makes it inconvenient to get at the lock and mess with it, without first emptying out the closet. With it bolted in, they aren't likely to be pulling it out.

But if I were you I'd be looking for a 30.06, to deal with the wildlife loose in Ohio right now.
I am looking for not just theft but fire "proof".

Sounds like they are all good with the exotic animals here. Still missing a money, though Hanna thinks one of the other animals ate it... we can only hope.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote